Saturday, September 5, 2015

Wild Things - Day Five of the 30/30 Challenge


Wild Things, 
Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 6"h x 6"w, 2015 #7

Bid in My DPW Auction (Starting Bid $35)

Day five of the challenge -- continuing my adventure with my slanted 1" bristle brush, trying to load more than one pigment onto different corner of the brush, and let them freely blend on paper. Doing a painting without drawing has an especially freeing effect after a day at my easel working out the detailed drawing of a larger floral painting. I let my rigger brush dance freely on the paper to create the twisted branches of the foreground twigs. Painting snow in the heat of summer is also fun. I am feeling the cool breathe of air when laying down those cool blues, purples and muted greens...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...