Sunday, September 6, 2015

While You are Gone - Day Six of the 30/30 Challenge


While You are Gone (Plein Air at Rodeo Beach), 
Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 6"h x 6"w, 2015 #8

Bid in My DPW Auction (Starting Bid $55)

Day six of the challenge started as a plein air piece at the Rodeo Beach of Marin last month. It was an overcast day and the wind was blowing incessantly. The water at Rodeo Lagoon takes the same somber turquoise-grey tone as the sky. I really want to capture the feeling of the wind ravaging through shoreline vegetation, and its power shaping the land, the water and the growth. I was not exactly happy when it started to drizzle before I was able to finish, but sometimes having a little distance in the studio to complete a piece like this is not bad -- I was able to spot some major composition mistakes such as there is not enough value difference between the foreground bluff and the one behind it to saperate them, and the value of the bluff itself was too light, making it indistinguishable from foreground sand beach. So, here it is, a plein air piece finished in the studio. I hope I have not lost all its freshness... What do you think, my friends?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...