Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Texas Blues (30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge: Day 14)


Texas Blues, Watercolor on Ampersand Aquabord, 5"h x 5"w, 2012 #16

Bid at My DPW Auction (Starting Bid $45)

Here's "Texas Blues", finally finished! Turns out... Painting on Aquabord is really a very time-consuming process, and this little piece has taken much longer than what I initially expected to finish! But, here it is, as promised... And I have a couple more pieces in the pipes for the next couple of days, so stay tuned!

You can purchase my 2013 wall and desk calendars here:


3 comments:

  1. Oh, how do you manage to create these gorgeous rich dark backgrounds so smooth and crisp!? And besides, on Aquaboard! I'd be happy to achieve this on paper... It's gorgeous, the bells look like they are glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...my...stars! This is absolutely gorgeous! Stunningly beautiful. Such rich, vivid, glorious purples and blues and tones and shades. I agree with you, Blaga - the bells inside really do look luminiscent. I can nearly feel the softness of the delicate petals. I think I could look at this one for hours on end, smiling and admiring all the while.

    Thanks for sharing this, Arena. It truly is beautiful. - June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! The colors are gorgeous! Very dramatic and striking painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...