Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Curiosity - Day Twenty-Three of the 30/30 Challenge


Curiosity, Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 6"h x 6"w, 2015 #25

Bid in My DPW Auction (Starting Bid $95)

Day Twenty-Three of the challenge -- I don't paint animals often, especially those with feather and fur, not because I am not drawn to these cute little critters, but due to the fact that I am really not feeling very competent with creating realistic texture of feather and fur with watercolor. Taking the opportunity of this challenge though, I decide that I should not shy away from these subject if I ever want to get better at painting them. Instead I need to tackle them head-on! So here it is, my very first attempt at a furry critter, it's big cute eyes just melts my heart... The fur patterns has taken my many wet-in-wet glazes and careful lifting with small stiff brushes to do, and I still cannot say that I have fully mastered how to do it for all future instances, but it's a start! I have also discovered in the process that Yellow Ocher has very interesting granulating qualities that is different from it's warmer, more transparent sister, Raw Sienna. I would like to explore it a bit more...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...