Friday, January 20, 2012

Work in Progress: Spring Breeze II and Blooming Magnolia

I did a little more work on the foreground tulip of "Spring Breeze II" -- adding various shades of delicate pinks and lavenders.

Spring Breeze II,  Watercolor on Arches 140# Rough Paper , 7"h x 5"w, WIP 2

I also started a magnolia painting -- my second attempt of using masking fluid and doing a dark background before the subject. It took three coats of Indigo, Ultramarine Violet and Ivory Black mixture to create the rich night sky blue in the background. I also lifted the background branches before painting in the flower. This time, I sprayed a little Winsor & Newton Workable Fixative on the pencil drawing before applying the masking fluid -- it worked! The pencil lines did not come off after peeling off the masking fluid. It also did not alter the paper surface. I am happy with the result so far...

Blooming Magnolia,  Watercolor on Arches 140# Rough Paper , 7"h x 5"w, WIP 1


Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...