Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dutch Iris Painting

I was browsing through some projects that I have started but not yet finished, and decided to finish this little painting of Dutch Iris -- one of my favorite flowers. The blue-purple palette is a nice change from the warm reds and yellows of the plumeria. I had fun doing it. 

It is painted on an Italian paper that I have never used, and I loved the soft surface texture. The handling quality is also nice -- relatively easy to lift, not so prone to damage. Must give it another try...


Dutch Iris, Watercolor on Magnani Acquerello140# Cold Press Paper, 5"h x 5"w, 2012#4

Sold!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...