Friday, January 27, 2012

Work in Progress: Hide and Seek, and a Little More Work on Sun Dance

"Hide and Seek" is progressing steadily, I hope I could finish it tomorrow. At this stage, I am adding form shadows and cast shadows by first wet the pedal I want to paint with clear water, then drop in relatively dry pigments mixed with Quinacridone Magenta, Alizarin Crimson and Winsor Violet. To achieve the desired value, sometimes I would mix in a little Lamp Black or Ivory Black too. I am deliberately going very slow, not wanting to make any mistake



Hide and Seek,  Watercolor on Fabriano Artistico 140# Cold Press Paper , 5"h x 7"w, WIP 6


Hide and Seek,  Watercolor on Fabriano Artistico 140# Cold Press Paper , 5"h x 7"w, WIP 7

In between drying cycles I also managed to do a little more work on the yellow rose painting, "Sun Dance", continuing on the shadows of flower pedals. I've also started on the underpainting of the background, starting from the darkest areas, mix and mingling many pure, high intensity colors. I want the background to have a glowing, colorful look. If it turns out too garish in the end, I can always opt to paint them out with a juicy wet-in-wet dark passage.


Sun Dance,  Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press Paper , 8"h x 8"w, WIP 2


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...