Thursday, March 1, 2012

Work in Progress: Edge of Summer (Continued...)

A little more work on the orchid painting, "Edge of Summer" today, continuing to experiment with color mingling, this time using more transparent colors with a long value range: Alizarin Crimson, Winsor Blue, Winsor Green and Winsor Violet. It is hard to control the exact shape using this method, but wet, juicy dark colors do have a life of their own, and time and time again forming beautiful fluid shapes...



Edge of Summer,  Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press Paper , 5"h x 7"w, WIP 2

 

1 comments:

  1. It has such great depth and softness to it, Arena! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...