Sunday, March 4, 2012

Work in Progress: Edge of Summer (Almost Finished)

After finishing all the background sections (maybe?) it feels like the center flower appears a little washed out by comparison. I am thinking about darkening its center and right pedals, as well as giving more definition to the stamens... I think this painting is 80% finished, but requires being set aside for a little bit and careful consideration to avoid overworking...



Edge of Summer,  Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press Paper , 5"h x 7"w, WIP 3

  

1 comments:

  1. Hi Arena. To my eye, the orchids are perfect, but the orange in the upper left background is distracting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...