Sunday, July 1, 2012

A New Series (Sanchez Art Center 50-50 Show)

I was quite busy since the end of June on this new project -- I was juried into the "50-50 Show" hosted by the Sanchez Art Center in Pacifica, which requires each participating artist to create 50 small pieces of art -- 6"h x 6"w to be exact -- and exhibit them as a body of work, installed in 7 rows and 7 columns, plus one title piece together. There would be a theme chosen by each participating artist, and mine was "Rainbow Colored Flowers". I had planed to create 7 rows of flowers, each taking a spectrum of the rainbow, plus a white title piece flower. Now that I am trying my best to paint one 6"h x 6"w sized image in one day, I have some new ideas, which I will talk about when I show more images in my later posts. But this is one piece, almost finished but not quite yet in the lightest parts, created for the show. It would be in center of the red row.


Crimsonscape - Red Poinsettia
Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press Paper, 6"h x 6"w, WIP 1

I've also got some good news in the mail today -- my painting, "Edge of Summer II" was awarded the Golden Acrylics Merchandise Award in the Red River Watercolor Society's 19th National Juried Watermedia Exhibition. This piece is currently on view at Hjemkomst Center Gallery, 202 1st Avenue North, Moorhead, MN. I am looking forward to receive some beautiful juicy Golden Liquid Acrylics... ^___^


Edge of Summer II, Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press Paper, 10"h x 14"w, 2012 #32


2 comments:

  1. Your work is so beautiful and I think a group of squares will be stunning. Are they going to be mounted on anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What an honor - well deserved. I have been following Myrna wacknov's 50-50 and the whole idea is pretty exciting. Will be looking forward to see your works!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...