Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Edge of Summer II (Finished!)

Quite a few more hours' work later... Here's the finished quarter sheet version of "Edge of Summer"! I'm really happy with the different level of emphasis I was able to give the center flower and the left flower behind it, and I'm happy with how the background integrated with the upper right corner flower. Working on a smaller study definitely helps to work out the process and the procedures when tackling larger paintings like this for me! 


Edge of Summer II, Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press Paper, 10"h x 14"w, 2012 #32


4 comments:

  1. Arena, this is truly brilliant! Those floating colors and soft deep darks give the painting an ethereal look. BIG BRAVO to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Arena!The lights shine,the velvet darks charm the eye!MAGNIFICO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Arena! I look forward to sharing this wonderful journey with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Arena:)You're a talent! Beautiful art. My compliments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...