Friday, June 8, 2012

Work in Progress: High Summer Dreams II, and More Good News

I am really excited to find out that I am juried into the show "Handcrafted and Through the Lens: Nature Interpreted" hosted by Filoli Garden, where I have gone numerous times taking wonderful flower and foliage reference photos. This is an exhibition that artists juried in are allowed to bring extra work to show and sell besides the pieces that they have already in the show in two weekends of "Meet the Artists" days, I am setting out to complete a couple of larger (quarter sheets) pieces especially for it. "High Summer Dreams II" is the first one I set out to do:


High Summer Dreams II, Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press Paper, 10"h x 14"w, WIP 1

This is the first stage of the painting, where I am trying to put in the basic color temperature and value relationships of background leaves. I am trying to be more free and fuss less about the realistic details of these leaves this time. Painting images in a series would often allow me to loosen up and be more and more free in the later variations of the same theme, I hope it would be the case for this one...


1 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful start to one of my favorite flowers. Thanks for the link to the Filoli Gardens...I put it on my list of things to see the next time I am in that area of the world:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...