Saturday, May 19, 2012

Last Light (Finished)

More winter paintings... In this one the main struggle is to keep all the warm colors found in sunset times brilliant yet maintain the feeling that this is a cold winter day. I loved all the play of calligraphic brushwork on the weed stalks and branches of little trees. Cadmium Scarlet was used thickly in the end to add the touches of red on top of the dark branches to indicate reflected light.


Last Light,  Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press Paper , 5"h x 7"w, 2012 #31

Bid at My DPW Auction (Starting Bid $25)

1 comments:

  1. Helena:) Well you're definitely succeeded in your design! Beautiful sky and I can see it's an winter day. Love the trees in the background. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...