Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Gallery Show ("Climate Crisis: An Artistic Vision"), and a New Painting ("After the Summer Rain")


After the Summer Rain, 
Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 5"h x 5"w, 2013 #42

Sold!

The busy season of Silicon Valley Open Studio is finally over! Thanks too all the art enthusiasts and collectors in this area, it was quite an unexpected success for me the very first time I participated! With every painting sold stories exchanged between the artist and the collector, and I have learned a ton about what attract people to buy a painting...

My next big project is the gallery show with the theme of Climate Crisis in the Main Gallery of Redwood City. It is quite a mighty subject to tackle and my take on it is a series of small landscapes of both mountain and oceanic glaciers under the title "Disappearing Beauty". The one below is a little 5" x 7" painting of the snowy peaks of high Sierra (Sierra Crest near Mono Lake) belong to the series. With gradually warming weather most of these pristine snow packs would disappear in the next few decades in summer...


Disappearing Beauty - Snow Packs of Sierra Crest, 
Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 5"h x 7"w, 2013 #43

Bid at My DPW Auction (Starting Bid $30) 

The next one in the "Disappearing Beauty" series is a little long-format landscape of the icy glacier lake of Sierra Crest, near North Palisade... High mountain glaciers are the most threatened by the warming climate, as there are not enough snow in recent winters to replenish what melts away each summer. The pristine lakes of high sierras may become dry lake beds if the current trend continues...


Disappearing Beauty - Palisade Glacier Lake, Sierra Crest, Winter,
Watercolor on Sennelier #140 Rough Paper, 4"h x 9"w, 2013 #44

Bid at My DPW Auction (Starting Bid $35) 


I really enjoyed doing these little landscapes but also itch to start a slightly bigger one... More to come, stay tuned!...

You can now buy high quality Giclee prints of many of my sold paintings, both on paper and canvas, as well as some note cards with my paintings here:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...