Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Petal Light IV (Finished!)


Petal Light IV, Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 14"h x 10"w, 2013 #34


Finished this one just in time for the submission to Illinois Watercolor Society's National Juried Exhibition this year -- we will see how that turns out! Compared to the 10" x 8" version, this one has more sober and muted colors which are closer to nature. I also experimented with painting larger area wet in wet in one go, and combining several leaf shapes as a group to be painted together. I'm happy with the result, now it's time to put it aside for a little bit and see in a couple of days whether any final adjustment is needed...  


Fire Bird, Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 5"h x 7"w, WIP 2

This one is coming very close to its finish. I will need to put some darker blues on the stamen to make it really pop, and maybe add another pass on the background to make it darker -- I am not sure at the point yet, but I don't want to go all the way to black to lose the color interaction between the yellow orange flower and the blue of the background -- this set of complementary works well, but I do feel the value of the background is a bit too light and therefore distract the viewer's eye from the center flower. What do you think? Please let me know -- I think I do need a pair of more objective eyes than mine at this point...

You can purchase my 2013 wall and desk calendars here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...