Sunday, February 24, 2013

More Birds on Fire...


Jungle Fire, Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 8"h x 10"w, WIP 6

I can't believe I have put this one off for so long! Sometimes you know a painting is just lacking that final touch but you like what has been put down on paper so far and worry you will screw it up, so you just keep on putting off those final strokes indefinitely... No more! I am resuming this one and laying down the juicy saturated reds and oranges on this bird. Hopefully it will be completed within the week... 


Fire Bird, Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 5"h x 7"w, WIP 1

I've also started this little one in the hopes that it will be completed with a day or two's work so that I can post it for auction on Daily Paintworks. I have realized that I like to have several paintings utilizing the same color palette going on in the same time -- hence all the greens in my last blog post and all the firey reds and oranges in this one! Yes, I've started both of these birds when I was painting the center flower of "Petal Light #4"... By doing this I can switch back and forth while waiting for the paintings to dry, and do not have to clean my palette too often and lose some lovely mixtures that has formed on it! ;-) See, I'm a conservationist at heart... lol...

You can purchase my 2013 wall and desk calendars here:




3 comments:

  1. Wow, what vibrant, intense colors, it really is on fire! I didn't know this flower's common name, "Birds on Fire" is so fitting. Have a nice and productive week, Arena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so beautiful Arena! I love those colors. And your idea of having several paintings of the same palette is a good one. I'm often so sad to wipe out the lovely greys I get in my palette. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...