Saturday, June 30, 2012

Petal Light II (Finished!)

This one is finally finished and I am really happy with how it turned out -- I watched every edge very carefully when adding the background, softening where flower petals and the dark background washes meet by wetting the edge with a damp brush when the background is almost dry but not quite yet -- a really scary business but quite rewarding if it was done right. I am being shameless here... :-P


Petal Light II, 
Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press Paper, 8"h x 10"w, 2012 #34

Bid at My DPW Auction (Starting Bid $100)

3 comments:

  1. Superb, Arena! Gorgeous colors and painting effects here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Arena. :) Absolutely gorgeous. You have a great command over darks and lights, a great strength to have for a watercolor artist especially. Really well done friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOhh . . . love it. You're allowed to be "shameless" here. This is terrific! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time visiting and commenting on my blog! Your feedback and encouragements are things that keep me going with I am feeling down or frustrated... I will try my best to reply to every comment ASAP but sometimes life gets in the way and I am a bit slow in my response. I would like to apologize if that happens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...